Friends, I have REALLY BIG NEWS! The Kazan McClain Partners’ Foundation just donated $25,000 to the United World Challenge campaign to inspire a more courageous world. I can hardly tell you how grateful and thrilled I am for this gift, which lifts us to $55,680 of the $75,000 crowdfunding goal!
In return for the Foundation’s support I will be speaking in Oakland schools to engage kids on topics like mental health, sustainability and getting scholarships to United World Colleges. I plan to visit at least one school before the row begins and several more after the row’s complete.
In addition, I will invite students and teachers to design some simple science experiments for me to carry out on sea. By sending data and results from the ocean – and calling the classrooms live from my satellite phone while rowing – I hope to inspire kids to believe in themselves and their potential to create a better tomorrow.
This generous gift will go towards shipping my boat to the Canary Islands and home from the Caribbean; hiring expert advisors for weather routing during my 3,000 mile crossing; and satellite air-time to make calls and send videos from the ocean. But there’s still much more to cover before the row begins – and your support now will make a huge difference.
If you haven’t yet (and even if you have!) this is the perfect time to make a tax-deductible gift and build on our momentum. You can help me stay:
- ALIVE with a watermaker: $4,999
- SECURE with a life raft: $3,999
- ON TRACK with set of GPS and charts: $2,499
- DRY with foul weather gear: $1,749
- POWERED with Lithium Ion batteries: two at $1,449 each
- CONNECTED with satellite phones: two at $499
- HEALTHY with a medical kit: $749
- AFLOAT with SpinLock PFD: $379
- VISIBLE with flare kit: $149
- TETHERED with a climbing harness: $79
- SANE with a Wilson Ball: $25
Whatever you choose to give, I am grateful for your support. Thank you for all you’re doing to make this campaign a success.