Meet Tez Steinberg
Chief Engine Officer of United World Challenge & Triple Athlete in Business, Adventure and Endurance Art
My leadership has been recognized by some of the world’s foremost organizations:
- Global Shaper alum of the World Economic Forum
- Former Fellow of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Member of The Explorers Club of New York, NEXUS Global, Summit, and Ultramarine Ocean Action
I also have:
- My MBA from London Business School
- 6 years experience leading complex projects with Deloitte Consulting
- 10 years experience founding and growing my own social enterprises
Ultra Endurance Athlete
I have over 15+ years experience in endurance racing. I’ve completed:
- 46 marathons
- 2 Ironmans with top finishes
- 145-mile non-stop ultramarathon
- Solo bicycle tour of the UK and Ireland
- And in 2020 I became the only person in history to solo row 2700 miles over 71 days from California to Hawaii (Expedition 1).
"Endurance art” is my craft of weaving adventure, business, and storytelling to create a better world.
- 24 years experience in theater, public speaking and nonfiction creative writing
- Published by World Economic Forum & other outlets
- Raised $152K in public donations as part of Expedition 1 through engaging storytelling
- My career’s “North Star” vision is to create positive social impact and maximize growth opportunities for my teams, my community, and myself
Chief Engine Officer
Chief Duty Officer
Ethan Forsgren, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Ocean Education Lead
Sungai Watch is the world's leading river barrier catchment solution. With over 180 river barriers installed and maintained daily, Sungai Watch has collected over 1.1 million kilograms of plastic to date. With United World Challenge, we're helping Sungai expand to new regions and bring their solution to help clean Asia's most polluting rivers.
OCN.AI is like a FitBit for the ocean, using technology on buoys and boats to gather cutting-edge ocean health data. Together, we're outfitting the Challenge vessel with a series of sensors to collect real-time ocean health data, stored on the blockchain for researchers worldwide to access.
The United World Challenge Expedition 2 is a zero-waste expedition thanks to our partnership with CRDC. All plastic waste from the our expedition will be upcycled into CRDC's groundbreaking product, RESIN8, an environmental friendly substitute for sand used in concrete manufacturing.
Seakeepers and the United World Challenge are partnering on citizen science research projects to gather data across the Pacific Ocean on population dynamics of plankton and velella velella, important species for pelagic ecosystems. Together, we research, educate, protect and restore!
Far Away Projects is a 501(c)3 nonprofit fiscal sponsorship organization that supports global social impact projects and grassroots efforts around the world. Far Away provides the United World Challenge with nonprofit status and extensive backend support to grow our mission to help solve ocean plastic.
The United World Challenge is proud to be part of the 1% for the Planet community, which connects businesses and nonprofits to protect the environment. Learn more at onepercentfortheplanet.org
During Expedition 1, the United World Challenge partnered with Scripps Institution of Oceanography to gather world-first data for microplastic research. The United World Challenge will once again partner with Scripps to advance oceanic research during the next challenge with a series of world-first data collection methods.
The United World Challenge has partnered with Only One, a digital action platform for people who love the ocean and want to save the planet. By partnering with Only One, we will raise the profile of global action campaigns to advance the Global Plastics Treaty and other powerful movements for upstream solutions to the plastic crisis.
provocative, empowering & activating inspiration
Want to have Tez speak at your next event?
Here’s How Tez Can Help You, Your Team, and Your Organization Cross Your Ocean
Get provocative, empowering, activating inspiration from Tez Steinberg as your next speaker.
Motivate and lead your team across uncharted waters.
Get fired up with stories of resilience, grit, and overcoming harrowing setbacks, so you can find your own ocean and the courage to cross it.
Learn to work with your mind and cultivate the grit, discipline, and momentum to succeed.
Interested in exploring sponsorship for future Expeditions?
Sponsorship is more than just a good story. It’s about pursuing a vision greater than the sum of the parts. It’s about making impact neither partner could achieve alone.
In short, it’s about crossing oceans together.