To my amazing community of crewmates and friends,
People needed inspiration in 2020 more than ever before, and your support for the United World Challenge made it happen. Thank you for all you do.
Together with you, the United World Challenge…
- Raised $76,675 for scholarships to the United World College of the USA. This will provide 3 full scholarships for BIPOC students from the US to attend UWC, becoming leaders for a peaceful and sustainable future.
- Funded the collection of nearly 200,000 ocean-bound plastic bottles through our partnership with Ocean Bottle, creating recycling infrastructure in communities where it’s needed most.
- Collected the world’s first dataset on open-ocean airborne microplastics in partnership with Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- Piloted the Ocean Classroom Campaign, the world’s first map-based, open-source coding curricula to teach high school students marine science through adventure.
- Inspired thousands of people around the world to know that with the right attitude and preparation, anything is possible.
It’s too early to say just when the adventure will continue, but rest assured, plans are brewing. Stay tuned for an announcement in mid 2021 about where we go from here.
Thank you for all your support, and Happy New Year.